Research activities are related to the laser-based manufacturing process, in particular the use ultrashort laser pulses for laser nanotexturing for tribology, wettability, biomedical devices and OLED. The group is experienced in CAD/CAM programming to generate laser instructions for 5+3 axis laser manufacturing system.
Ultrashort laser cannot be delivered by optical fiber and the architecture of the current laser system are based on cartesian axis + galvo scanner with many constraints in treating big and hollow parts.
In ROBOMORE, aim is to use a robotic system to move a compact laser device with adaptive control of the relative position with respect to the workpiece.
Prof. Leonardo Orazi, Dr.ssa Barbara Reggiani, Dr Iaroslav Gnilitskyi, Dr Michele Cotogno
NANOSURF – Nanostructural surface development for dental implant manufacturing, H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017
MILEDI – Micro Quantum Dot-Light Emitting Diode and Organic Light Emitting Diode Direct Patterning – H2020-ICT-2017-1.
- Gnilitskyi, I., Derrien, T. J. y., Levy, Y., Bulgakova, N. M., Mocek, T., and Orazi, L. High- speed manufacturing of highly regular femtosecond laser-induced periodic surface structures: Physical origin of regularity. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 7 (2017), 1–11.
- Gnilitskyi, I., Gruzdev, V., Bulgakova, N. M., Mocek, T., and Orazi, L. Mechanisms of high-regularity periodic structuring of silicon surface by sub-mhz repetition rate ultrashort laser pulses. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 109 (2016), 1–5.
- Gnilitskyi, I., Rotundo, F., Martini, C., Pavlov, I., Ilday, S., Vovk, E., Ilday, F. O ̈., and Orazi, L. Nano patterning of aisi 316l stainless steel with nonlinear laser lithography: Sliding under dry and oil-lubricated conditions. TRIBOLOGY INTERNATIONAL 99 (2016), 67–76.
- Orazi, L., Gnilitskyi, I., and Serro, A. P. Laser nanopatterning for wettability applications. JOURNAL OF MICRO- AND NANO-MANUFACTURING 5 (2017), 021008–021016.
- Rotella, G., Orazi, L., Alfano, M., Candamano, S., and Gnilitskyi, I. Innovative high-speed femtosecond laser nano-patterning for improved adhesive bonding of ti6al4v titanium alloy. CIRP – JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 18 (2017), 101–106.