To face the challenges of Intelligent manufacturing and Industry 4.0, we set advanced mechatronics and control for automation and robotics at the center of our research.
Five main groups complement in this sector:
Automation, Robotics and Systems Control group
Manufacturing and technology group
Development and validation of knowledge based and CAD based methodologies
Prof. Cristian Secchi
Prof. Luigi Biagiotti
Prof. Laura Giarrè
Prof. Francesco Leali
Prof. Emilio Lorenzani
Prof. Leonardo Orazi
Prof. Marcello Pellicciari
Dr. Fabio Pini
Prof Lorenzo Sabattini
Prof. Roberto Zanasi
Topic: Industrial robotics
- Gadaleta M Pellicciari M Berselli G “Energy-optimal layout design of robotic work cells: Potential assessment on an industrial case study” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 47 (2017)
- Gnilitskyi, I., Derrien, T. J. y., Levy, Y., Bulgakova, N. M., Mocek, T., and Orazi, L. High- speed manufacturing of highly regular femtosecond laser-induced periodic surface structures: Physical origin of regularity. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 7 (2017), 1–11.
- Gnilitskyi, I., Gruzdev, V., Bulgakova, N. M., Mocek, T., and Orazi, L. Mechanisms of high-regularity periodic structuring of silicon surface by sub-mhz repetition rate ultrashort laser pulses. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 109 (2016), 1–5.
- Gnilitskyi, I., Rotundo, F., Martini, C., Pavlov, I., Ilday, S., Vovk, E., Ilday, F. O ̈., and Orazi, L. Nano patterning of aisi 316l stainless steel with nonlinear laser lithography: Sliding under dry and oil-lubricated conditions. TRIBOLOGY INTERNATIONAL 99 (2016), 67–76.
- Francesco Leali; Alberto Vergnano; Fabio Pini; Marcello Pellicciari; Giovanni Berselli ( 2016 ) – A workcell calibration method for enhancing accuracy in robot machining of aerospace parts – INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL, ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – n. volume 85 – pp. da 47 a 55 ISSN: 0268-3768 [Articolo in rivista (262) – Articolo su rivista]
- Lehmann C, Pellicciari, M Drust, M Gunnink JW, “Machining with industrial robots: The COMET project approach” Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 371 (2013)
- Meike D Pellicciari M Berselli G “Energy efficient use of multi-robot production lines in the automotive industry: Detailed system modeling and optimization” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 11, issue 3 (2014)
- Orazi, L., Gnilitskyi, I., and Serro, A. P. Laser nanopatterning for wettability applications. JOURNAL OF MICRO- AND NANO-MANUFACTURING 5 (2017), 021008–021016.
- Pellicciari M Berselli G Leali F Vergnano A “A method for reducing the energy consumption of pick-and-place industrial robots” Mechatronics, vol. 23, issue 3 (2013)
- Peruzzini M Pellicciari M “A framework to design a human-centred adaptive manufacturing system for aging workers” Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 33 (2017).
- Fabio, Pini; Matteo, Ansaloni; Francesco, Leali ( 2016 ) – Evaluation of operator relief for an effective design of HRC workcells ( 21th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA 2016 – Berlin – 6-9 September 2016)
- Fabio, Pini; Chiara, Ferrari; Antonio, Libbra; Francesco, Leali; Alberto, Muscio ( 2016 ) – Robotic implementation of the slide method for measurement of the thermal emissivity of building elements – ENERGY AND BUILDINGS – n. volume 114 – pp. 241 – 246 ISSN: 0378-7788
- Fabio, Pini; Francesco, Leali; Matteo, Ansaloni ( 2015 ) – A systematic approach to the engineering design of a HRC workcell for bio-medical product assembly ( 20th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA 2015 – Lussemburgo – 2015) – n. volume 2015 – pp. from 1 to 8 ISBN: 9781467379298
- Fabio, Pini; Francesco, Leali; Matteo, Ansaloni ( 2014 ) – Offline workpiece calibration method for robotic reconfigurable machining platform ( 19th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA 2014 – esp – 2014) (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. ) – pp. from 1 to 8 ISBN: 9781479948468; 9781479948468 | 9781479948468.
- Rotella, G., Orazi, L., Alfano, M., Candamano, S., and Gnilitskyi, I. Innovative high-speed femtosecond laser nano-patterning for improved adhesive bonding of ti6al4v titanium alloy. CIRP – JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 18 (2017), 101–106.
ROSSINI – RObot enhanced SenSing, INtelligence and actuation to Improve job quality in manufacturing (H2020 – DT-FOF-02-2018 – Effective Industrial Human-Robot Collaboration (RIA)
SARAS – Smart Autonomous Robotic Assistant Surgeon (H2020-ICT-2017-1)
NANOSURF – Nanostructural surface development for dental implant manufacturing (H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017)
MILEDI – Micro Quantum Dot-Light Emitting Diode and Organic Light Emitting Diode Direct Patterning (H2020-ICT-2017-1)
COLROBOT – Collaborative Robotics for Assembly and Kitting in Smart Manufacturing Cluster Adaptive (H2020 -ICT 2015)
SYMPLEXITY – Symbiotic Human-Robot Solutions for Complex Surface Finishing Operations (H2020-FoF-06-2014)
TIREBOT – A TIRE workshop roBOTic assistant (FP7-2011-9)
Fp7 AREUS – Automation and Robotics for European Sustainable Manufacturing (FP7-FoF.NMP.2013-1)
PAN-ROBOTS – Plug&Navigate robots for smart factories (FoF-ICT-2011.7.1)
COMET – Plug-and-produce COmponents and METhods for adaptive control of industrial robots enabling cost effective, high precision manufacturing in factories of the future (ID 258769, FP7-FoF.NMP.2010-1)